Edius 6.5 has arrived and the competition will be standing up to take note. For the fellow 3D editors out there, you should all start jumping up and down with 3D joy! Edius 6.5 is the best, most feature-packed 3D editor on the market. From ingest to output, Edius gives smooth easy to use 3D adjustments filter, transitions and even 3D color correction. Native keyframing, which is an absolute must for 3D is built-in to every filter and transition.
And don’t be fooled, even though I rave on about the 3D capabilities, all of those same features are there for you in 2D editing as well. Coupled with the “Edit Anything” ability, Edius truly serves up an international buffet of abilities to handle and edit whatever format, framerate or codec that you throw at it. From NTSC to PAL, AVCHD to ProRes and even RED 4K files. Mix and match and edit away all with no special expensive graphics card.
If you are one of those “show-me” kind of people, go to the Grass Valley web site for a free 30 day trial.
The list of features is impressive and so I don’t miss anything, here is it straight from Grass Valley.
|New Features in EDIUS Pro 6.5|
No other NLE gives you so much versatility combined with sheer speed of editing. EDIUS® supports real-time editing of all popular standard-definition (SD) and high-definition (HD) formats. Edit anything. New features in EDIUS Pro 6.5 include:
- Color correction tool supports 10-bit color depth
- Export sequence with alpha channel
- Native RED (.R3D) support*
- Improved XDCAM/ P2 data transfer
- 3D (stereoscopic) editing
- AVCHD 2.0 support
- EOS movie support (ALL-I (I-only), IPB)
- Camera RAW format support*
- Filmstrip view in Timeline
- Enhanced video layouter (drop shadow, resize quality)
- Built-in loudness meter
- Built-in shake stabilizer
- 720p Blu-ray authoring support
- Flash F4V export
- QuickTime HQ/HQX codec (Windows/Mac)
- Work natively with many different video formats, such as Sony’s XDCAM, Panasonic’s P2, Ikegami’s GF, Canon’s XF, DSLR movie format, and now RED native
- Fast, flexible user interface, including unlimited video, audio, title, and graphics tracks
- Real-time editing and conversion of different resolutions, as high as 4K/2K resolution to as low as 24×24
- Real-time editing and conversion of different frame rates, such as 60p/50p, 60i/50i, and 24p
- Real-time effects, keyers, transitions, and titles
- Proxy mode workflow by switching timeline between proxy/hi-res mode
- Nested timeline sequences
- Multicamera editing of up to 16 different sources simultaneously
- Direct to Blu-ray Disc and DVD timeline export
- Export in AVCHD format to a media card
- Windows 7 support (32-bit/64-bit) (Windows XP/Vista not supported)
For free Edius 3D training video instruction go to: http://3dguy.tv/exclusive-grass-valley-edius-3d-training/.
By: Al Caudullo
Have a question for the HD Guru3D?
Copyright 2012 HD Guru Inc. All rights reserved. HD GURU is a registered trademark.